If it were up to me, the following movies/people would win tonight at the Oscars. Unfortunately, the Academy doesn’t even have an inkling about who I am much less listen to me. So I had to temper my picks based on what I think the Academy will actually pick.
Queen M’s Picks
- Best Picture: Room
- Room made me feel all the feels and I empathized with the characters throughout the whole movie. Jacob Tremblay made the film with his excellent acting. In fact, I think Jacob should have been nominated for best actor, but that’s beside the point. Room should win.
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Leo in The Revenant…or Matt Damon in The Martian
- I want Matt Damon to win because I thought he was fantastic, but in reality I think Leo will win. He was great but I’m worried that he’s going to get it simply because it’ll be a huge snub if he doesn’t.
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Brie Larson in Room
- I want her to win AND I think the Academy will pick her. ‘Nuff said.
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Christian Bale in The Big Short
- I don’t have any particular allegiance to any actor in this section, but I thought Christian played his role very well. I didn’t like his character, but he played it well!
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Alicia Vikander in The Danish Girl
- The movie wasn’t good, but Alicia was excellent. I almost cried during the scene where she’s asking to talk to her husband. Fantastic.
- Animated Feature Film: Inside Out
- This movie made me laugh, cry, and say “awww!” Seriously, this was so good I wish it was nominated for best picture. Plus it has Mindy Kaling, my favorite comedian/role model, as the voice of Disgust.
- Cinematography: The Revenant
- I’m no expert on cinematography, but damn it was good enough in this movie for me to notice it.
- Directing: Spotlight
The other categories I don’t know enough about to make an informed opinion so I won’t even try. Now that you know what I want to win, I’d love to hear what you think!